JOIN US SATURDAY, MAY 23, 2015. ARRIVE BY 10:45 AM. MARCH BEGINS AT 11:00 AM SHARP!
Save the date! Saturday, May 23, 2015 starting at 10:30 am
RSVP on our Facebook Event Page: http://bit.ly/MAM-LB-May23
Gather at Laguna Beach, Main Beach Park by 10:45 AM at the latest. March will start at 11 AM, followed by the rally at 12 Noon with speeches by Brett Wilcox, author of “We’re Monsanto: Feeding the World Lie After Lie,” Part I and Part II, Peter Matthews, author of ” Dollar Democracy:With Liberty and Justice for Some: How to Reclaim the American Dream For All”, Tracy Madlener community activist, “Creating A Toxic Free Community” and D’Marie Mulattieri, organizer, speaker, activist on “How Free Trade Agreements Will Affect Our Food Supply and Other Freedoms.”
Pack a healthy picnic lunch, water and a picnic blanket so you can stay for all the activities.
March – Arrive between 10:30 am and 10:45 am.
March Formation at 10:45 am
March Against Monsanto begins at 11:00 am
Rally with Speeches on the Main Beach Cobblestone Area at 12:15 PM
Event Ends between 1:30 pm and 2:00 pm
**No masks or handkerchiefs covering the face will be allowed. All faces will be visible. Please keep all signs relevant to the theme of the march. Thank you.**
Be sure to check out How To Prepare for the March to optimize your experience. This is a family event. Just click the link below:
Also, this is a “zombie” free march . . . please remember we will have little children, some very young. This is not a Halloween parade, we want everyone to have a good time and be relaxed. No stress.
Short URL for Facebook event/RSVP page: http://bit.ly/MAM-LB-May23
Today almost 870 million people worldwide are chronically undernourished. Unsustainable models of development are degrading the natural environment, threatening ecosystems and biodiversity that will be needed for our future food supply. Calls for profound changes in our agriculture and food systems are becoming more frequent and more insistent.
One of the largest “calls” is coming from the grassroots “March Against Monsanto” movement. On May 25, 2013 over two million people took to the streets in 52 countries and 436 cities, including Laguna Beach, California to expose the dangers of genetically modified organisms in our food and the overuse of poisonous pesticides like glyphosate that are causing surges in debilitating diseases in children and adults. The people continue the campaign for a healthy GMO and pesticide free world. This is our 4th march in Laguna Beach. Please join us as we continue to educate the masses on how to live healthy lives.
JOIN ORANGE COUNTY RESIDENTS AS WE ONCE AGAIN TAKE TO THE STREETS IN HONOR OF HUMANITY AS WE CALL FOR A GMO-FREE WORLD ON SATURDAY, MAY 23, 2015
If you want to help plan and organize please email us at our CONTACT page or leave a voicemail for D’Marie at 949-429-9877.
Why do we march?
- Research studies have shown that Monsanto’s genetically-modified foods can lead to serious health conditions such as the development of cancer tumors, infertility and birth defects.
- In the United States, the FDA, the agency tasked with ensuring food safety for the population, is steered by ex-Monsanto executives, and we feel that’s a questionable conflict of interests and explains the lack of government-lead research on the long-term effects of GMO products.
- Recently, the U.S. Congress and President collectively passed the nicknamed “Monsanto Protection Act” that, among other things, bans courts from halting the sale of Monsanto’s genetically-modified seeds.
- For too long, Monsanto has been the benefactor of corporate subsidies and political favoritism. Organic and small farmers suffer losses while Monsanto continues to forge its monopoly over the world’s food supply, including exclusive patenting rights over seeds and genetic makeup.
- Monsanto’s GMO seeds are harmful to the environment; for example, scientists have indicated they have caused colony collapse among the world’s bee population.The following information is from Pamm Larry, founder of LabelGMOs – California Grassroots:A list of 40 health organizations that have statements about GMOs http://gmofreeusa.org/
Here is the beginning of a list of 1200 peer reviewed studies showing harm http://gmofreeusa.org/gmos-are-top/gmo-science/.
297 (and counting) Scientists worldwide say there is NO scientific Consensus that GMOs are safe- http://www.ensser.org/increasing-public-information/no-scientific-consensus-on-gmo-safety/.
The Seralini Study was NOT a fraud and that story/mess is NOT over yet.
This is what happens to scientists who dare to say anything against the chemical companies who make pesticides and GMOs.
What are solutions we advocate?
- Voting with your dollar by buying organic and boycotting Monsanto-owned companies that use GMOs in their products.
- Labeling of GMOs so that consumers can make those informed decisions easier.
- Repealing relevant provisions of the US’s “Monsanto Protection Act.”
- Calling for further scientific research on the health effects of GMOs.
- Holding Monsanto executives and Monsanto-supporting politicians accountable through direct communication, grassroots journalism, social media, etc.
- Continuing to inform the public about Monsanto’s secrets.
- Taking to the streets to show the world and Monsanto that we won’t take these injustices quietly.
We will not stand for cronyism. We will not stand for poison.
That’s why we March Against Monsanto.
Never heard of Monsanto? Want to know the scoop? Visit “Who Is Monsanto?“
Be sure to check out How To Prepare for the March to optimize your experience. This is a family event.
Thursday, March 12, 2015
OC COALITION FOR HEALTH & JUSTICE – Moving Forward in 2015!
RSVP on Facebook Here: https://www.facebook.com/events/912509828781372
GMO Free Orange County, Moms Across America, Label GMOs: California’s Grassroots, and other forward acting organizations have formed a coalition for food safety and political justice.
Mother’s Market and Kitchen on March 12th at 6:30 PM. Doors will open at 6:00 PM.Come early, reserve your seat and talk with volunteers from organizations in your neighborhoods that are taking direct action to benefit all our lives!Speakers include and not limited to:John Diaz, Prop 37, California Right To Know, GMO Free Orange County,March Against Monsanto – Laguna Beach, CA – John will be talking about the new Labeling initiative set for 2016!Zen Honeycutt, Moms Across America – Zen will fill us in on her appearance at Monsanto’s stakeholder meetings and other initiatives on getting harmful chemicals out of our food supply.D’Marie Mulattieri, GMO Free OC, March Against Monsanto – Laguna Beach, California Clean Money Campaign, Expose the TPP – Americans Organized for Change (National) – D’Marie will talk about the NEW California DISCLOSE Act and how passing it in 2015 will improve the passing of a Label GMO initiative in California. She will also talk about the current campaign to stop the approval of free trade agreements that will prohibit labeling of GMOs and the establishment of GMO Free Zones.Come to find out the latest actions taking place in Orange County as well as California and across America to support you health and to ensure justice for all.Post Event: From Facebook: Robert Sherman I had no idea about this crucial topic until very recently, when Stephanie Jean Guiles had started to educate me with some of the basic facts. This presentation by COALITION FOR HEALTH & JUSTICE at MOTHERS MARKET brought it all together for me, This is life changing information! Well done MOM’S and Thanks Mothers Market…Just a few our our volunteers that helped make OC Coalition for Health and Justice rock on March 12, 2015
As concerned citizens that share our planet with one another as well as other precious life forms, it behooves us to investigate if we are contributing to our demise or can we make very necessary changes in our lives to turn the degradation around. On Friday, June 13th, GMO Free Orange County will be hosting the movie screening of UNACCEPTABLE LEVELS. This is a fundraiser so that we can continue our mission to educate the masses. A minimum donation of $5.00 is requested, although no one will be turned away due to lack of funds. Please RSVP on Facebook or send your reservation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A MARCH FOR A GMO FREE ORANGE COUNTY
MARCH AGAINST MONSANTO – LAGUNA BEACH – MAY 24, 2014
RSVP AND INFO AT FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE